Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Crock potting!

Oh yeah! I'm so in the zone! What am I talking about? I'll tell you in a minute...and NO, I haven't lost my mind! lol. A few weeks ago, a friend of mine invited me to her Homemade Gourmet party she was having. I was excited! I used to sell Pampered Chef, and this was a little different than utensils and stoneware (which I LOVE PC's stoneware!).....it was spices and quick easy meals you can prepare. Now, if you know me personally you KNOW I hate to cook. I'm not good at coming up with recipes or good dinners based on "throw this together" type. I'm in need of recipes!! lol. So, I went...got my 5 "meals", which were just marinades that we mixed at the party into gallon ziplocks. I came home and my DH says "That's what you got for $22!!!". A little disappointed by the fact that I got 5 marinade type deals for the money, I proceeded to use these marinades for the next 5 nights. Every night my DH only had awesome things to say about my "cooking"....which I used a CROCKPOT for! lol. It was so nice to cook for him for a change. And I felt proud that my dinners were yummy! So, now that my marinades are gone....I'm stuck back in the rut of "what's for dinner?" and "Do ***I*** have to cook?". My DH is way better in the kitchen than me. But guess what!? On another group (on yahoo), my online friends shared a great blog all about crockpot cooking! Oh! I cannot wait to test out the recipes and make my DH's life easier (since he works 10 hours a day!). Check her blog out: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ AMAZAZING!!! :0)

No comments:

Rustler's Loop

Rustler's Loop
Overlooking the CO river

About Me

My photo
Grand Junction, CO
I'm a "part-time" working mom of three, married to my best friend of 13 yrs...who loves to hike, draw, listen to music, play on the internet and hang out with friends!